We can't believe how far we've come and how much celebrating we've been doing all through 2018.
We're riding the incoming wave of cleantech and biotech as people continue to divest in petrochemicals - with huge state support.
Some of our highlights so far:
* The super Gary Deans joins us as CFO, former KPMG partner.
* The brilliant Susanna Gray joins as administrator - and so much more!
* Our high spec demo build made with our prototypes is under construction - part funded by Zero Waste Scotland. Soon travelling to the Scotland Build trade show.
* We win a place amongst Climate KIC's Top 30 European Cleantech Startups.
* We win a place in the finals, amongst the Top 6 in Climate KIC Venture Competition.
* We've raised significant amounts of seed money and are now engaging with private investors.
* We complete a research partnership with University of Edinburgh's biotech team, funded by a BBSRC (Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council) grant.
* We manufacture our 100% plant-based prototypes on trial machines abroad.
* We make international market, business and technology connections (Canada, USA, France, Austria, Netherlands, Norway, Finland, Netherlands, Germany and Spain).
* We win a place in the SLUSH 100 out of 3,600 startups at the gigantic Helsinki investor event.
* We're selected amongst 20 on Scottish Enterprise's £4m Unlocking Ambition entrepreneurship programme for "innovative and high potential" companies.
* We placed first in Scotland’s Climate Launchpad competition (2017).
* We won the Best Circular Economy Initiative award (2017).
* We won £98,000 in the Scottish EDGE startup competition (2017).
* We get some outstanding branding from ilka Design - with more design work on the way.
* Our first corporate video is now in production by HeeHaw Films - can't wait to see this.
* We completed the third and final stage of the EU-funded Climate KIC Business Accelerator at the Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation.
Thank you to all our wonderful supporters - 2019 is going to be very big for us as we secure the additional investment needed to set up production.
Fossil fuels and their plastics have created incredible advances in energy and products but that era is ending. Out with the old, in with the cleantechs!